Unbiased Valuations of Diamonds, Gemstones, Watches, Pearls and Jewelry
- JISO (Jewelry Insurance Standards Organization) Insurance Appraisals in industry standard format on JISO forms by Certified Insurance Appraiser® Narrative & Outline appraisals also available.
- Trust Appraisals (Funding; Inventory & Maintenance; Invasion; Distribution; )
- Government Appraisals( Customs; Criminal; Restitution)
- Distribution(Business; Divorce; Equitable)
- Unbiased Valuations of Diamonds, Gemstones, Watches, Pearls and Jewelry
We do not buy or sell jewelry, gemstones or precious metals affording you a truly unbiased appraisal. Your jewelry Appraisal is performed according to the Advanced Personal Property Appraiser® Standards Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), the American Society of Appraisers, and the National Association of Jewelry Appraisers.
Independent Accredited Jewelry Appraiser & Gemologist
Geoffrey A. Nelson is an accredited jewelry appraiser with over 30 years of experience in the industry.
- Graduate Gemologist (GIA)
- Graduate Jeweler (GIA)
- Senior Member (NAJA)
- Licensed Jewelry Judge® Appraiser
- Certified Insurance Appraiser® (JIAI)(JISO-ACORD)
- Adjunct Professor of Gemology (Santiago Canyon College)
Appraisals While You Wait
Examination and necessary tests are performed while you watch. Your appraisal is a printed report and or PDF (Portable Document File) includes a full description, a digital image and a plot of all diamonds over half a carat.
You will walk away with your jewelry, and barring anything extraordinary, you will receive the report at the end of your appointment.
Jewelry & Gemstone Appraisals in the Greater Los Angeles Area
Gemmology International Inc. is a Certified Laboratory #7 with the Jewelry Judge. In addition, Mr. Nelson has been educated by and continues to be educated of five professional appraisal and gemological organizations.
- American Gem Society (AGS)
- National Association of Jewelry Appraisers (NAJA)
- International Society of Appraisers (ISA)
- Advanced Personal Property Appraisers
- Accredited Gemologists Association (AGA)
- Jewelry Insurance Appraisal Institute (JIAI
Jewelry appraisals are done by appointment in our secure environment or at your location.
If the intended use of your report is for insurance purposes the cost is $120 for the first item and $80 for each additional item. This assumes there is nothing extraordinary about your item(s). Most items fall within these pricing parameters. However, if there is any additional cost, we will inform you at the beginning of the appointment.
Music Friday: Lady A Sings, ‘You Shine Like Diamonds’ in 2008’s ‘Love’s Lookin’ Good on You’
Source: The Jewelry Judge Published on 2021-07-30
For the Second Time This Month, TSA Reunites Panicked Traveler With Lost Diamond
Source: The Jewelry Judge Published on 2021-07-29
Newly Engaged 'Vanderpump Rules' Star Scheana Shay Is Rockin' a 12.74-Carat Morganite
Source: The Jewelry Judge Published on 2021-07-27